1.14.2014

2013 craft recap

I made lots of stuff this year, and while I fell short on the sewing goals I set for myself, I do this stuff FOR FUN and I've decided to not let anything about sewing or knitting upset me or stress me out, that's what actual jobs are for.

So here's what I got. I aimed for 13 and finished 13. Seven were gifts, that's more than half! I even included a few I never blogged about. All in all not bad. The project titles are links to their individual posts, so if you want more details that's where to look.

-Eric's Pom Pom Hat-
Made up pattern, Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky.
eric's hat
-Db's Hideous, Horrible Hat-
The pattern is A Most Bespeckled Hat and the yarn is Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in Nassau Blue.
Untitled
-Cat Shorts!-
Never blogged about these because I felt silly posting pics of my ass. The pattern is Simplicity 7547 (modified to not be high waisted) and the fabric is a bit of a mystery from Purl Soho a year and a half ago... I want to say Quiet Cats? Sorry no pics, they're a better pair of shorts in your imagination anyways.

-Db's Socks-
The pattern is Harvest Dew and the yarn is Malabrigo Yarn Sock in Caribeno. They were my first ever socks and turning the heel wasn't very hard. He wears them all the time!
db's socks!
-Strawberry Box Bag-
I combined two online tutorials for how to make these into one best way (I think) and wrote up a formula (MATH) so I can make them in any dimensions. Unfortunately killed my sewing machine while doing it and haven't made another one. I love this thing though, I use it all the time.
WHITE LIGHT box bag!
-Luxury Monster Triangle-
I used the pattern Anteros Shawl with Blue Heron Silk Merino in Deep Blue Sea. My cousin Alice gifted me the pdf for my birthday, it was awesome. This is gorgeous but not very warm, mostly just for looking cute.
anteros shawl
-Jo's Leggies-
Some Cloudy Day legwarmers pattern (second time I've made it), yarn is Madelinetosh Sport in Kale.
jo's kale leggies
-Short Row Sweater 2.0-
The pattern is Short Row Sweater, but heavily modified so it has short row shaping front and back. I used Madelinetosh Sport in Winter Wheat. I like the drape of my original which used Madelinetosh Pashmina better though, it's less stiff.
short row 2.0
-Vavó's 100th Birthday Shawl-
Anteros Shawl again, I really love the way it came out both times, and Madelinetosh Pashmina in Windowpane.
vavó's anteros
-Yoga Strap-
I made up this pattern so I could have a yoga strap that 1-wasn't ugly and 2-didn't cost a million dollars. I dyed organic cotton canvas from Purl Soho and used neon thread to make it more fun. It's alright, at least I finished it.

-Julie's Leggies-
Again Some Cloudy Day Legwarmers (why mess with success?) and Madelinetosh Sport in Pop Rocks. This combo of pattern and yarn is killer and I think I want to make myself a pair too.
julie's leggies
-Grapefruit Boxy-
The pattern is Boxy and yarn is Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Grapefruit. I added short row shaping front and back (slight) and it's awesome. Cool enough to be worn on Christmas.
Untitled
-Jo's Lettuce Cowl-
Used my tried and true extra long cowl pattern and my new fave bulky yarn Malabrigo Yarn Chunky  in Lettuce. Also, obv this is the pic of the year. Kill it! extra long cowl
So there it is, another year of making tons of stuff in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment