1.02.2014

baker's doz: BOXAAAY!!!

Untitled
Ridiculously excited about this sweater. One, because I think it looks amazing, two, because I finished it in time for Christmas/in 2013 hence I made my craft goal and three (most important), because I can finally stop knitting stockinette in the round with fingering weight for a while. This was an exercise in brute strength willpower to finish towards the end. Once I got to the neck shaping and sleeves it was interesting again and since I knew how close to the end I was, it practically finished itself.

The pattern is really easy, and the finished product is pretty sweet. A perfect use for the very last of my favorite colored yarn which was discontinued Jan 1, 2013. What an omen for the WHOLE YEAR. With this project I learned how to alternate skeins which is really easy, and looking at the stripy thing going on in these pics it obviously made a huge difference. I also added some subtle short row shaping to the front and back because I wasn't in love with how the 'having boobs' factor seemed to make the finished garments raise hemline in the front when I looked at people's projects on ravelry. You can barely tell I did anything, but I like it. Overall this pattern is a win. Not the most interesting, but perfect for subtitled movies watching and "my hands need to be doing something but my brain is turned off" knitting.

Boxy by Joji Locatelli
Madelinetosh Tosh Sock - Grapefruit (discontinued) Untitled

6 comments:

  1. That color seems like it was made for you! Will you be sharing any more details about the short row shaping? (Inquiring boobs want to know …)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this is one of those magic colors that looks amazing on pretty much everyone, I'm so sad it was discontinued! I'll see if I can find my notebook and notes tomorrow and I'll get back to you :)

      Delete
    2. I asked Risa for her short row mods before I started and since then she's posted them on her project page. I did them front and back, but the numbers were the same. Here's the link :) http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mr-world/boxy

      Delete
    3. Laura, thanks a million! I appreciate your taking the time to get back to me. :)

      Delete
  2. That colour looks amazing! Very cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This color seems to be universally flattering, I wish they still made it!

      Delete