8.17.2012

dirty doz: beyond fab/ridiculous cat shorts!

simplicity 7547
here are the fabled cat shorts mentioned yesterday, are they not absurd and amazing?

i spied this fabric while poking around on purl soho and seriously jumped from my computer to my pattern collection immediately to see if i had a shorts pattern that would work. i had a hiphuggers pattern but decided that it wouldn't showcase the cats well enough, so it gave me the perfect excuse to nab this one which i'd be eyeing for over a year. high waisted shorts, the perfect canvas to show off ridiculous cat fabric! once these babes are sewn up there will be no more need to lament my lame severely hot weather appropriate wardrobe. oh no! how am i ever going to find a button for the fly that's cool enough?! cat gods, your help might be needed...

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the dozen and admire the ambition.

    I also love this fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i actually met a dog named Fritz last week and thought of you and good ol' Fritz :)

      Delete
    2. Fritz was the best ... the next cat around here will have a lot to live up to! It always strikes me as odd when I realize there are actually people walking around out there with that name too.

      Delete
  2. I love this cat fabric!!! I can't wait to see the shorts you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these shorts are totally the scariest most hardcore sewing endeavor i've ever attempted, i hope they turn out ok because wasting this fabric would be tragic. fingers crossed!

      Delete