2.04.2015

dirty doz: blackberry socks!

Untitled I have small feet. Not TINY feet, just small. A nice normal size 6. So why is it that every pattern I find is for feet larger than mine?! I really wanted this book Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson and upon getting it realized that the smallest sizes were all mediums! What gives sock pattern writers? Only baby socks and large socks allowed?

Enter math.

Finally tired of knitting myself socks that turn out too large when using the smallest size pattern and smaller than recommended needles, I wrote my own damn sock pattern. And I like it. I combined my favorite parts of the several sock patterns I've used, then threw some broken linen stitch in there and they're complete! I really like how these turned out, and seeing as I knit them with SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock I'm pretty sure they'll last a good long while.

Take that average sized sock pattern writers!

SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock - Blackberry Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment