8.15.2012

2012 dirty doz: mason jar cozy 2.0

mason jar cozy
well, i wasn't sure this should count as one of my 12 in 2012 projects because it was so little and fast, but i started and finished it in 2012 so here it is!

i made myself a cozy earlier in the year that i would classify as "adequate". it served it's purpose well, but it was no beauty and i never got around to designing a better one. well i'll be damned that this pattern was posted by melissa of miso crafty knits. i knit it the day she put it up, and it's awesome. it fits so well and took me only one night of watching the olympics to bang it out. when it comes to hot drinks this fall i will be more than prepared. what a great way to sneak more madelinetosh grapefruit into my life too, i kind of want to make everything on my knitting queue this color. so rad!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! I really like how it's going to add a pop of colour wherever you go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! my cuppow has been a very loyal travel partner and now it'll be cute on top of insanely useful :) i love my cozy so much i'm making one for my partner in crime today, i bet he'll be excited!

      Delete
  2. Okay so this is exactly what I am looking for, unfortunately I have no idea how to knit ... I am trying to put together a all glass/metal/cloth travel coffee mug for my husband ... I am going to go searching but is there the possibility that you might make and sell a couple of these????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Amy! i think that would be ok but i'm going to ask the designer of the pattern first just to make sure. there are a lot of cool ones to buy around the web but i personally like this one the best which is why i made it. if you're still into it i have this color yarn and a bright turmeric yellow (more manly haha). let me know what you think!

      Delete