3.11.2014

dirty doz '14: more sock-ish knitting

Untitled
I swear I still knit things other than versions of the Charade sock pattern. Really. I'm currently working on two other projects that are secrets so no posting about them until they're done and in their owners' hands. I find that when I'm knitting gifts that I lose a lot of steam if I don't also have something completely frivolous to work on that I just feel like knitting for no good reason, so here these are. I recently got some running shoes, but absolutely abhor (yeah vocab!) cold ankles. Really, I wear only boots from like Sept-May because of how much I dislike cold ankles. Well running shoes don't bode well for that, so legwarmers it is. I had two skeins of this Malabrigo Yarn Sock in Turner that was originally intended to be a reverse stockinette cardigan, but after looking at a bunch of larger garments made with M.Yarn Sock, the color pooling looked too obvious and that's not an aesthetic I'm into. So these two skeins just turned into particularly gorgeous stash yarn, just sitting and waiting for something useful to come of them. One will be these and the other one will probably be man socks someday. This whole "use what you have" thing does seem to get easier with practice, there's hope for my yarn stash not overtaking my life yet!

2 comments:

  1. Turner is such a weird color-- the first time I saw a project with it was with a green skein (almost olive green really) and I LOVED it so I ordered some and mine had way more purple, which kind of disappointed me. Then I ordered another skein later that was the green I wanted, with basically no purple. You can see the differences in the skeins in this project: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/caitling1212/swallowtail-shawl

    I've made one tank top with mal sock, and I liked it a lot, but I don't think I would use a really varigated color for a full garment. I have 3 skeins of botticelli for a folded, so hopefully those will look nice together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Turner skeins I got are super variegated! The olive ones are definitely a lot more versatile I think. The Swallowtail shawl you knit looks so cool! It looks like the skeins switched in the perfect place, too.

      Folded is such a nice pattern, it's going to come out so nice in Botticelli :)

      Delete